[TechAssist] Zenith Service Information

  • From: "Christopher Barnak" <cbarnak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 15:29:09 -0400

Thanks Bob, Bob, Jerry, Philp, Wayne, Walter,  and all others who
responded to the post I made about Zenith prints being unavailable
to non-ASC's.

Our school system has been purchasing Zenith 27 and 32 inch
TV's since 1998. These are all computer ready, commercial
Hospital/Hotel type sets that can be controlled from our Media
Centers.
We have over 500 sets !

Word has already gotten back to our purchasing people and Zenith's
answer is for us to become a ASC for Zenith, but only for our sets.
I think this is the end of our School System purchasing LG products.

I already consider Zenith's products and support to be the pitts,
but, I am also concerned that this may be a trend, and unless
you are a ASC, you will not be able to get service info for a specific
brand. To me, a service manual, is a part. And should be available
to ANYONE. I was an independent for 20 years, and I know how
difficult it can be to get good manufacturer support. But I never
had any company refuse to sale me a service manual (if they had it)
until now !

Yes, most of our sets consist of a small signal board, large signal
board
input function board, and picture tube with yoke. I have had each to
go bad at one time or another. Prints WERE available until this year.

This is a great list, and I thank you guys very much. But, if I make
it hard on our top dogs, then, and only then will they take action.

Don't respond to me on the list, as I don't want to add to email
congestion. I'll let you guys know when I have a specific technical
issue.

Thanks Again !!!!!!

Christopher Barnak, CET
Norfolk Public Schools