[TechAssist] Apex GT2715 with Horz freq drift and Picture size/geometry faults

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 19:24:30 +0000

Thought I would repost this after the holiday to see if there is any hope
for this boat anchor:

Apex GT2715

           Customer was trying to claim they paid $699 for this set
?????????.  It has the picture colapsed into a squashed hexagon (2 inverted
scewed trapazoids about 6" total) where it looks like the top and bottom are
folded over (has retace lines) The OSD is appearing in the area where the
picture is but it is blue screen when the channel is changed it will show
snow (no station) or a picture that has the horizontal frequency drifted way
off (fast moving diagniol pattern). I had a vert Ic for the set in stock
(was an extra from a samsung job TDA8350Q). And have checked the
electrolitics in the vert circuit and also all of the timing caps in the
horz section as well as some along the power input (had another apex that
acted simmilar that had cracked one of these)  Customer didn't bring in
remote and none of my universal remotes list apex so getting into the menu
is problematic. A few thoughts I have if any of them could be possible: 1.
eeprom data corrupted; 2. Jungle IC OM8839PS defective (subs?) 3. Bad yoke
(would have to try to ring, doesn't smell like it was shorting)   Ideas?

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV