[TechAssist] Re: Zenith Service Information

  • From: "Gregory Smith" <gaserv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 15:10:00 -0500

Hi Chris,
     I have sold about 350 of these sets to a local school district &
luckily I have had very few issues with them.  The lastest issues I have had
have been with 3 sets having bad yokes & Zenith parts saying that the yokes
are molded yokes & the CRT's had to be purchased for yoke replacement,
bull****.  The school district had me order the CRT's that I sold them at
cost.  To make a long story short, the 3 CRT's could not be converged (thats
the purpose of molded yokes) so I am in the process of returning the CRT's.
As far as the service manual, being we are ASC I downloaded a manual &
fowarded it to them.  Ever who the district bought them from should be able
to do the same.  As far as another manufacturer, I don't  think anyone else
makes a comparible product.  I've got names & numbers of field service guys,
customer service, & the boss in parts. Greg
Gregory B. Smith
G & A Electronic Services
2521 N. Laurent
Victoria, TX 77901