[TechAssist] Re: Windows DRIVER Problems

  • From: "Damon" <DAMON101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 07:49:05 -0500

I just turned them off in the hardware setup, or removed them via the same
setup. Then added the "reliable" card. Never worried about the drivers still
being on the drive as I had 30Gb and still haven't passed more than 5Gb,
even with pictures/MP3 audio taking up the lion's share of the drive.
Wish I had bought a Zoom modem, but Fort Wayne was out of them so I settled
for a Supra....installed easily, as did the Soundblaster card. But I
normally only connect at 21K during daylight hours, and 36k at
night....sometimes up to 40K at night.

Also think my connect speeds are related to  a hum I hear in the background
on my end....never hear it if I call my home. 1965 home has 2 wire blue/blue
white daisychain setup, I'd prefer a star-grounded design. Daisychain = 1
wire from service box running to all rooms, Star ground = 1 wire to each
room from service box. Anyways, I spent days trying to get the AC'97
modem/audio riser to activate and it never did. Technology was too new to
get much info on it 2 years ago, so I chose to go with PCI cards.

Damon Brunger
damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Telrad Electronic Services
Ft Wayne, IN 46815