[TechAssist] Re: [ Update] Zenith PVR4660VK Pix is bowed equally on top, bottom, and sides, and convergence is bad.

  • From: "LeRoy Westlund" <llw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 09:31:54 -0600

Jeff,
I can get 90% of the bows out of it by adjustments.
I have checked my cable connections twice.
I have tested the 110K, and the 82 K resistors twice. These resistors have
to be OK, cause my +16 volts is OK. The ring magnets are OK, they were
sealed with silicone, and havn't been disturbed. I think all the adjustment
pots must have been messed up by someone else, cause the customer bought it
used, from someone.
I am going to review the complete convergence proceedure, and start from
scratch again. I still think I can swing it in, just need to spend more time
on it.

Thanks,
LLW

LeRoy Westlund
Westlund TV & Electronics
97 North Main                                "Where there's a will,...
Centerfield, UT 84622-0087           There's always a way."
Ph./Fax  435-528-3822
mailto:LLW@xxxxxxxxxx