[TechAssist] Re: Update: Panasonic PVM939 combi, chassis KM99V dead (sort of)

  • From: Edvin E Weickum <edandroy@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 14:23:04 -0700

Hello again,

I didn't find your Combi model but from my Records the unit It was a
Sansusi COM 0953 combi. "I pulled the power connector and found it had a
built-in switch (used to detect AC power cord and set unit up for either
AC or DC power. Found one of the three pins for the internal switch burnt
off. Pushing in plug into the connector operated the internal switch.
Pulled one from stock parts set restoring units operations."

If I remember the unit right, there was also a DC jack for DC operations.
During AC operations the internal switch set unit up for AC and not DC
operation. I pulled an old connector from a parts set and using it
cleared my problems.

Ed...

****

****