[TechAssist] Re: **UPD*NEED PART ID**Zenith RZ46Z83D7, no conv adjust and no menu adjustments

  • From: "Tech Repair CD support" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Techsonline" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 23:57:36 -0500

It looks like all my emails are lost for the day, since lunch time anyway. I
had to change my email address for the list, temporarily.(This is where it
helps to have more than one domain)
If anyone replied to me on this, please resend.
Right now the problem I have is the top corner of all three tubes are bowed
downward, then curve back up.
The blue is a lot worse than the other two.
Now, I found R4151M SM resistor on conv board reading at 160k, number on it
is 102-should this be a 1k resistor? Also, would it be proper to use a
regular resistor in it's place, if this one increased in value?
Does anyone have any ideas, if this resistor does not fix this problem, as
to what may cause these pictures to bow, just at the corner? Those two one
ohm resistors still get really hot to touch.
I did find C3460 high ESR and checked the two resistors 110k and 82k.
Thank you.
Jeff

FAX 717-564-4952
Jeff Dougherty
Intrepid Video & Electronics
501 Luther Rd
Harrisburg, PA 17111
717-909-8844
VCR tips, electronics info & general interest.
www.intrepid-video.com www.tech-repair.net www.thetoolcaddy.com

 [NESDAnet]
> Hello,
> I think I still need help on this. I have light box here right now using
the
> ceiling, but it looks like the convergence is stilled bowed.
> I replaced the two STK392-110, R4162, 4163, 4161 and R1460. R4160 and
R4161
> gets extremely hot to touch. The convergence looks better, though at the
top
> left corner, all colors are bowing downwards.
> On pins 6-14-15 of STK's I have no, or less than 1vdc on each. Is this
> normal?
> Thanks to all that have helped so far

SUBJECT field to the address above.