[TechAssist] Re: Toshiba Regulator STRS5041 running very hot?

  • From: Jerry Wilkinson <scotvrpr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 13:39:54 -0700 (PDT)

that strs feeds a switch mode transformer that has
both a plus and minus supply coming off it. replace
the caps off those rectifiers they both will be bad
,also there is a small cap located in front of the
regulator that opens and causes the regulator to run
hot.this circuit runs warm but you should be able to
keep your finger on it.

=====
JERRY WILKINSON
SCOTTY'S TV SERVICE