[TechAssist] Re: Toshiba DVD player model SD2200 locks up

  • From: peggs <peggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Techassist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 15:04:02 -0700

WHAT !!! ........ you mean there's something electronic that Bob Waterman=20
is NOT a guru
of..........please say it isn't so Bob................ the rest of my day=20
hangs in the balance ....LOL...... :-))

The 1700's have the 2 bad caps,C928,C929.
I've only worked on (1) 2200,it had a bad belt and timing issues with the=
 Tray.

Peggs

At 12:17 PM 4/15/05, Gemini Computer & TV wrote:
>My boss has a Toshiba DVD player, model SD2200 that locks up when=
 attempting
>to play a DVD. Sometimes it will not even load a DVD like it can not read
>the disc (physically it loads okay). I seldom see Toshiba products and DVD
>players in general so I am no guru at them. Another friend of ours at
>another service center does more of these than we do, so my boss sent it
>over to him and he replaced the laser but the unit still is behaving the
>same way. Sometimes it plays a little and sometimes after commencing to=
 play
>it just freezes and you can hear the laser acting like it is trying to=
 focus
>to read the DVD. Since I have so little experience with these, I am calling
>on you, my colleagues for your expertise.
>
>Bob Waterman, CET=AE #RI-28
>Master Technician License #9109
>Service Manager / Parts Manager
>Gemini Computer, TV, & Security Alarms
>(508)695-7302
>(508)695-7769 FAX
>geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxx

--
>This Email List is Public. Remove: http://www.tech-assist.org/remove.htm

This message has been scanned by the OMU Online postini filter.
=0D