[TechAssist] Toshiba DVD player model SD2200 locks up

  • From: "Gemini Computer & TV" <geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Techassist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 15:17:28 -0400

My boss has a Toshiba DVD player, model SD2200 that locks up when attempting
to play a DVD. Sometimes it will not even load a DVD like it can not read
the disc (physically it loads okay). I seldom see Toshiba products and DVD
players in general so I am no guru at them. Another friend of ours at
another service center does more of these than we do, so my boss sent it
over to him and he replaced the laser but the unit still is behaving the
same way. Sometimes it plays a little and sometimes after commencing to play
it just freezes and you can hear the laser acting like it is trying to focus
to read the DVD. Since I have so little experience with these, I am calling
on you, my colleagues for your expertise.

Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
Master Technician License #9109
Service Manager / Parts Manager
Gemini Computer, TV, & Security Alarms