[TechAssist] Re: Toshiba CX3583A - no vertical deflection

  • From: "Wayne Vanaman" <Wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 07:49:13 -0600

I am going to try this on this list.  Seems like anytime I tell someone this
they think I am pulling their leg.

On the Toshibas with vertical problems Especially, but any Toshibas, FIRST
look for the pretty capacitors.  Red, Green, Yellow, Light or Dark Brown,
light or dark Blue.  Change them even if they aren't in the area you think
you need to work on.  Then recheck your problem and see if it is there.

And of course look for a 100uf cap near the vertical heatsink.

Looking for a bright yellow or red cap is easier than trying to find "C305"
printed on the board.  Toshiba has a habit of putting related caps is
physically dispersed locations.

Wayne Vanaman
Omega Electronics
6904 W Fairfield Dr