[TechAssist] Anyone seen this before on a Zenith C36A26, 9-2170 Module

  • From: "Corey Brazell" <cohbraz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 08:40:13 -0500

Customer originally had a problem with this Zenith C36A26 with the Video
Input going black for a few seconds, then returning with the Video 1 banner
in the upper right corner of the screen. Zenith's tech assist said to
change the module. I ordered a new module from Zenith, and after I
installed it, the picture had too much red. I had written down the original
cut and drive control, and after entering them in the service menu, the
picture had not changed. I noticed that the Blue and Green controls had no
effect. I looked into the neck of the CRT and the Red Heater was glowing
much brighter than normal and there was no glow from either the blue or
green heaters. I inspected the CRT socket, but it looked fine. I tried the
set once more after putting the CRT board back on, but the red heater still
glowed, and no blue or green. I reinstalled the original module and all of
the heaters came on as normal, but the red is now dimmer than it should be,
as a result of the overdriving earlier. Zenith is sending me another module
as well as a CRT, but I am curious. What could cause this? Aren't all of
the heaters connected in parallel?

Thanks,

Corey Brazell
Audio Video Electronics