[TechAssist] Re: Toshiba 42H81 blowing fuse

  • From: "Phillip R. Hull" <phil245@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 16:43:04 -0400

Did you  replace fuse with OEM part??
Phillip R Hull     STET
phil245@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
FAX 517--569-3075
----- Original Message -----
From: "Valley TV" <valleytv@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2003 4:07 PM
Subject: [TechAssist] Toshiba 42H81 blowing fuse

> Hi everybody!
> Hope someone has encountered a disaster that I have with a Toshiba 42H81
blowing a 5A fuse.
> Sent to a home outside of Philadelphia with the complaint "red light
blinks only".  Found F850, F851 (5amp fuses), F470 (2A) and F890 (3.15A) all
blown.  Carefully checked for ANY defective parts and found NONE (quite a
surprise when 4 fuses blow).  I replaced all 4 fuses and held my breath..
TV immediately came on with a great picture which really was a surprise!
Since there have been so many electrical storms around I was hopeful.. 2
days later customer called and said "red light blinks only".  I expected to
find all the fuses blown again but only F850 (+16V) had blown.  When I
replaced it the set immediately came on but I "knew" there was no way it was
only a bad fuse.  I pushed the service manual cd in my laptop and found that
F850 and F851 both fed the 2 convergence IC's.  I replaced both and really
did not expect to hear from the customer again.  Surprise..2 more days and
"red light blinks only".  I'm planning on driving back tomorrow but I would
appreciate anyone's th
>  oughts on this.  Set cannot be removed from home in this case so I will
certainly have to figure it out there..  I have had some new bad
STK392-110's in the past but it seems unlikely but any ideas are helpful!

*
> Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
> http://sell.tech-assist.org
> The Tech Address Book: