[TechAssist] Re: Symphonic 6470 no E to E no video

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 12:21:58 -0500

Its not the tuner that is bad. It is the antenna switch circuit. Sometimes
you can see an open trace or find a defective PIN diode or transistor (all
surface mount) but other times the tiny chip capacitors and resistors are
damaged also. Once in a while the RF modulator IC is damaged, too. My
success ratio at repairing those is not high, but it just takes a minute to
check if the tuner is desoldered.

Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave