[TechAssist] Re: Sylvania SSC130 TVCR will it work without tape deck plugged in ?

  • From: "John Mielke" <maintv2004@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 13:39:19 -0600

Yes, you have the mechanism from hell, the MK9.  I don't think there is a
way to make the TV stay on without the deck.  Your best chance is to set the
mechanism to a stable position, either in eject or in stop.  Or you may need
to leave a cassette in the mechanism.  I think you need to leave the load
motor connected so the mechanism can do it's sub-routine each time power is
applied.  Actually that mechanism is not that hard to repair, it is always
the mode switch and maybe the gears on the side of the basket that are bad
unlewss the mechanism has been forced.  John.
John Mielke
Main TV
636 Main St
Longmont, Co 80501