[TechAssist] Re: Surface-mount desoldering/removal unit

  • From: "Perry Hill Electronics Service" <phes1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 18:21:41 -0700

Marty, about 3 months ago I went to the full list and asked the almost
identical question. As a result I purchased a Xytronic 988 from Howards
and have been very pleased. I'm late on this post and saw Bob Waterman
mentioned  "Chip Quick" in response to your question. The unit I
purchased is great for tuners, flys and the like but was not designed
for LSI removal. The units for LSI removal are very expensive.     To
Bob or anyone: I would like to hear more about Chip Quick, what it is,
and where it is available. Thanks

Mark Wentowski
Perry Hill Electronics Service
3836 Harrison Rd