[TechAssist] Re: Sony proj. mod#kp46s15 ch scch53b-a bad red convergence -now no picture

  • From: "LeRoy Westlund" <llw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 18:54:06 -0600

Richard,
This could also be a classic IK problem.
If it's in IK shutdown,....you can tell, by looking directly into the CRTS.
You will see a horz. line near the bottom of each CRT, that resembles a
Vertical problem (of NO vertical deflection), that's not on center.
Try turning the screens up a small amount on each of the CRTs. Even if only
ONE CRT is weak,...it will go into IK shutdown.
The NO red convergence problem, is a seperate problem. You will be back to
square ONE,...after your deflection returns.
Ask the customer if he messed around with the screen controls.

HTH,
LLW

LeRoy Westlund
Westlund TV & Electronics          " It's such a pretty world
93 North Main                                          today !....
Centerfield, UT 84622-0087           Look at the Sunshine. "
Ph./Fax  435-528-3822                               :-)
mailto:LLW@xxxxxxxxxx