[TechAssist] Sony proj. mod#kp46s15 ch scch53b-a bad red convergence -now no picture

  • From: Richard Lsa Placa <continentaltv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 14:12:46 -0700 (PDT)

Can anybody tell me what could have happened to this vertical section after the
customer unplugged the vertical deflection plug (cn1413) from the crt's. (He
thought he was going to shut off the red gun and watch a clear blue/green
picture).He told me he heard 3 clicks when he pluged the set in with the yokes
disconnected and that was the end of the picture.  I have a good strong vert
pulse coming from pin 5 at the output ic and at the yokes but only see a
line.All the voltages are pretty close to the manual on the output and
convergence stk's.Any help on this one would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!
Richard La Placa
Continental TV
Chestertown MD,