[TechAssist] Sony KV32XBR85 (SCC-H81C-A) jagged vertical, repl. v.output

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 16:43:41 -0500

Closest I can describe the symptom is if you ever saw a vertical output
IC with cold solder connections not enough to kill the deflection, but
may be "arcing" and causes a kind of jagged lines effect all over/
Pairing, erratic, but never loses heigth. Jagged.
I replaced IC501, the TDA8172 vert. output and same thing. I also
soldered any regulators and other areas I could see, but this set is a
beast with boards all over and in the way.  Customer said it was working
good before leaving on a 2 week trip. Upon returning, turned set on and
it was there. he unplugged the set as usuall while away.
(This is one of those sets with the heavy bottom attached with shelves
below, doors,etc)
Thanks, Phil Bader

--

Philip Bader