[TechAssist] Re: Sony KV32S10 High voltage and sound but no video.

  • From: "Warren C." <warrenca@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 08:40:50 -0500

Hi Jeff
THe crt tested strange but I didn't have a socket for a SONY so I isolated the
socket from the crt board
and used it's own socket. All wires hooked up ok except G2. Is G2=G12?? also I
did
not hook to G13 which must be G3.
G1 was labeled G1 so that's ok
The cathodes and heaters are clearly marked (so ok).
I have a B&K tester and when on heater leakage the needle when backwards??? not
the right if there is a leakage.
G2 cutoff for all guns could not be set properly so therefore emissions of all
three
were not normal as in other brands.
Normally G2 is set for each gun, 2 marks on the needle to the right, then click
on
read emission and you get a deflection
to the right.  On this one when you turn the G2 set for any gun the needle very
soon
jumps to the right and pins the needle???

I don't know what to do next Jeff

Warren C