[TechAssist] Re: Sony KP-41T65 Dead, Power Light Continuously Blinks

  • From: "Larry E." <videotech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 14:27:50 -0400

Corey, a continuous blink on a Sony means; No reply from the jungle (IC301),
data
bus is busy,
shorted to ground or held high, IK video path is defective. The first thing to
do
is turn up the G2
control, if the IK circuit is causing the problem usually turning up the
G2/screen control will
cure the problem, it indicates that the CRT is getting tired, all of the Sony
blink codes are
listed on my web page;  www.tvjunkyard.com  then click on tech tips. I`m sorry
but I don`t
have that schematic, Larry
Larry Eastman
American TV & Electronics
Crystal River, Fl. 34428
www.tvjunkyard.com

Corey Brazell wrote:

> I believe this PTV was hit by lightning, but I am not positive. When the
> power button is pressed, the power light starts blinking continuously. No
> sound at all from the TV. I know the 12 and 5 volt standby supplies are
> good, and when the power button is pressed, the "Relay" line from the micro
> raises up to 3.7v and maintains that voltage until the power button is
> pressed again. I tried tracing the relay line, but it goes through a maze of
> transistors and resistors close to the power supply. Does anybody know of
> anything that regularly goes bad that can cause this? Or, can someone e-mail
> me of fax me a copy of the power supply/relay drive circuit.
> Thanks,
> Corey Brazell
> Audio Video Electronics
> 12169 SC Hwy 121