[TechAssist] Sony KP-41T65 Dead, Power Light Continuously Blinks

  • From: "Corey Brazell" <cohbraz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 13:43:16 -0400

I believe this PTV was hit by lightning, but I am not positive. When the
power button is pressed, the power light starts blinking continuously. No
sound at all from the TV. I know the 12 and 5 volt standby supplies are
good, and when the power button is pressed, the "Relay" line from the micro
raises up to 3.7v and maintains that voltage until the power button is
pressed again. I tried tracing the relay line, but it goes through a maze of
transistors and resistors close to the power supply. Does anybody know of
anything that regularly goes bad that can cause this? Or, can someone e-mail
me of fax me a copy of the power supply/relay drive circuit.
Thanks,
Corey Brazell
Audio Video Electronics
12169 SC Hwy 121