[TechAssist] Re: Quasar SP3232--Fish Eye

  • From: Philip Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 13:16:34 -0400

Exactly, Jim.I live in the lightning corridor of THE WORLD here in
central Florida.If you had a gauss meter you would find that in that
building, coat hangers, metal file cabinets and everything ferrous will
have a magnetic charge.But a coat hanger has no way of showing it. A CRT
does.
Phil Bader

Jim Myers wrote:

> I think that is caused by a strong magnetic field set up by a close
> lightning strike rather than a surge in the power line. It happens all the
> time around here. One of my computer monitors had the same experience a few
> days ago when lightning hit right outside the shop.
> Jim Myers
> Since 1972
> Telrad Electronic Services Co.
> Fort Wayne, IN 46815

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
For Professional Technicians Only

Classifieds! Buy or Sell!