[TechAssist] Re: Quasar SP3232--Fish Eye

  • From: Bill Boyd <billstvs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 13:20:16 -0500

Tom,
         If it has a three terminal degaussing thermistor, check it carefully.
I have found several with intermittent connection inside.
It will cause the same symptom. You can take them apart and turn the two
thermistor disc so the contact fingers will be on a different area or just
replace it.

HTH
Bill
Bill's TV Service
Sulphur Springs, TX

>From: "Tri-County Tv" <tricountytv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [TechAssist] Re: Quasar SP3232--Fish Eye
>Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 12:42:48 -0400
>
>George,
>             That was it!! I degaussed it and problem went away and there
>does not seem to be any problems with the degauss circuit. I think it was
>hit by a power surge and caused a larger than normal degauss which could
>only be cured by a stronger degasser like the external ones we use. I felt
>sure that the TV was dropped and that the shadow mask was damaged. Never to
>old to learn something new. Thanks
>Tom Berger
>Tri-County TV
>Robbinsville