[TechAssist] Re: Sony Camcorder - CCD-F55 - Eject Sign Present With Tape Loaded

  • From: "Dale Lubow" <harristv50010@xxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 16:51:41 -0500

I have worked on a lot of these over the years. One problem they will have
is the pin pressed into the slant tape guides to hold them onto the arm that
moves them around the head will get loose and come off the arm and jam up
the unit. after totally disassembling unit I will glue the pin back into
place. Also the set screw that hold the adjustable guide with the slant post
get loose and throws the alignment way off. I usually apply some loctite to
the threads and reinstall. Then yuo need to do a complete tape path
alignment.

The most annoying problem with these is that the aluminum stand up
capacitors all start to go bad and leak, even some of the small radial caps
go bad. I usually end up replacing all the aluminum capacitors(might be 50
of them) and repairing any damaged traces. I check the ESR on the radial
caps and replace as needed.

Have fun,
Dale

Dale A. Lubow C.E.T.
Harris TV & Appliance
335 Lincoln Way
Ames, IA 50010
515-232-1109 (Voice)
515-232-3356 (Fax)
HarrisTV50010@xxxxxxx

From: "David Lessard" <mr_fixit@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TechAssist] Sony Camcorder - CCD-F55 - Eject Sign Present With
Tape Loaded
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 16:36:36 -0400

Tape loads ok but eject sign appears a few seconds after tape loads then
no functions, i.e. RW, FF, PLAY, etc because unit thinks there is no
tape. Euras database has a tip on this but I'm not a member. Second
problem: In CAM mode, view finder image is out of sync vertically. Do
any of these problems sound familiar to anyone?

Thanks,

David Lessard
Mr_fixit@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Alexandria, Ontario, Canada