[TechAssist] Re: Sony CCD-TRV65 CC

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 14:44:54 -0400

Usually we read out the emergency codes with the Service RM-95 to get a
clue. About that time  that model was made they started making units that
also display emergency codes in the evf. Based on your description, I would
guess that reel PG traces are cracked in the LS Chassis flex pcb. When the
basket is down, a projection applies pressure on the flex pcb and the traces
open if they are cracked. Usually it wont load the tape either but it can be
intermittant.

Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave