[TechAssist] Re: Sony 20" monitor Intermittent poor Focus

  • From: Mykeelike@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 21:36:58 EST

In a message dated 12/11/02 6:27:59 PM Pacific Standard Time,
gary@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> That sounds interesting. Are there any spark gaps that could be leaking,
> or possible leakage in the CRT socket? I've never worked on a dual focus
> problem. I'm wondering if it is possible to disconnect the one focus and
> monitor the KV of the other focus to see if it still has the 2 states?
> Does tapping on the CRT neck make it change states?
>

> Gary McCartney
>
> McCartney Electronics
> 7134 Fife Rd, RR 7
> Guelph Ontario Canada N1H 6J4
> Fax: (519)821-1530
> email: gary (at) number63.ca

I opened the socket. It was perfect there are two carbon comp resistors in
series with the focus pins, I checked them. they were OK. I suppose I could
change them but if one or both are breaking down under load I would think it
would show up as a focus voltage change.the voltage does not change.
Mike w

Submit A Repair Tip For Everyone Here: