[TechAssist] Re: Sencore LCD Maintenance and Calibration Training

  • From: mebonnell@xxxxxxxxx (Old TV Man)
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 22:36:49 -0600

I must be a
socialable guy coming from a family of 9.

Max Bonnell
Bonnell TV
Robinson, IL

Sender: techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx From:
gary@xxxxxxxxxxx(Gary=A0McCartney) Date: Fri, Feb 18, 2005, 11:08pm
(CST+1) To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [TechAssist] Re: Sencore
LCD Maintenance and Calibration Training] Reply=A0to:
techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kevin, I am only child and a bit intraverted but getting over it as I
get older. I don't mind talking to most people when they come to the
shop. I hate service calls so I don't do them.

Gary McCartney
McCartney Electronics
Guelph Ontario Canada
Est. 1984
email: gary (at) number63.ca

Kevin wrote:
I am an only child as well. I work much better with objects than people.
We should do a poll and find out if this is true for most technicians on
this list. Just a thought. I do enjoy going on service calls and meeting
different people, but I don't like when they hang over my shoulder and
don't say much when I try to strike up a conversation.

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada
kevintv@xxxxxxx

From: becyn <becyn@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Friday, February 18, 2005 9:05 AM
Training]

Then again Al,
You can become an ASC and get your training for free! Other benefits
include ( but not limited to:) customer referrals, mfr bulletins, tips,
fixes, and expedited parts delivery.
Collectively here on Techassist we can pool our information to 'fill in
the holes" for products that we may not be authorized
for.
I think we've got the whole gamut covered already.

Jim McVey
McVey Alltronix
327 Broadway
Newburgh N.Y. 12550
"If it doesn't play...
CALL MCVEY !!!!!!"
Factory authorized
service for over 20
major brands.
845 561 8383
(Last of the Mohegans)

Al L wrote:
Phil,
For $1500 you can come to NPSC in Orlando this Summer,have cash
left
over, and learn more useful stuff.Unless you are gonna fix a LOT
of
LCD
for
big bucks,you don't need expensive equipment or training.When offf
warranty
we won't be able to fix that stuff profitably anyway,due to parts
cost
and
service lit.!If the owner's didn't buy insurance,they won't pay.
mark
my
words folks.Do it for the manufacturers(get free training), and
the
insurance companies.
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0The Sencore salesman was my good buddy until I stopped
buying,actually
insulted me at the last meeting!
=A0=A0=A0=A0Join NESDA,folks,take the training,and hope for the best.
You
may
flame
me privately if you wish.

Al Leatherman
224 RT. 46
Mine Hill, NJ 07803
973-361-5796
WWW.ALS-TV.NET

Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 13:29:32 -0600
From: Jeff Murray - Sencore <sales@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
presents...

The LCD Maintenance & Calibration Training you have been waiting for!
Our comprehensive hands-on LCD Training program covers
troubleshooting,
c=3D
alibration concepts, and servicing techniques for LCD display
types.
In this 3-day course, you will learn:
=3D95 CRT vs. LCD
=3D95 DVI Theory =3D97 DVI Interface
=3D95 System Block Diagram =3D97 Troubleshooting Techniques =3D95 Precisio=
Color Balance Adjustment
=3D95 Digital Signal Processing
=3D95 SMPS & LCD Inverter Power Supply
=3D85and more!!=3D20
LCD Troubleshooting and Calibration
Course Locations and Dates
Puerto Rico =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 03/28/05 =3D97 03/30/05
Toronto, ON =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 04/18/05 - 04/20/05
Atlantic City, NJ =A0 05/09/05 =3D97 05/11/05 Reno, NV =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0=

=A0 07/11/05 =3D97 07/13/05 Las Vegas, NV =A0 =A0 09/12/05 =3D97 09/14/05 =

For a full course description, call 1-800-736-2673 or visit our
LCD
train=3D
ing page on the Web at www.sencore.com/train/lcdtraining.htm.
Seating
is
=3D
limited to 20 per location, so call to reserve your space today!

Best regards,
=3D20
Jeff Murray
Sales and Marketing Manager
Phone: 1.800.736.2673
Int'l Phone: 1.605.339.0100
Email: sales@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sencore, Inc.
3200 Sencore Drive
Sioux Falls, SD 57107
http://www.sencore.com

We hope you have found the material in this email useful.
However, if
you=3D
'd rather not receive future special pricing or new product
e-mails
from
=3D
Sencore.com, click on 'Cancel' and Sencore will remove your name
from
thi=3D
s list.
--=3D20
Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880 Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx