[TechAssist] Sears Camcorder (help)

  • From: "Tri-County Tv" <tricountytv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 11:17:31 -0400

Hello,
        This Sears  Camcorder model 934.53801190 came in for no video on
viewfinder, when in camera mode, picture looks like out of sync, but on
playback picture is just white raster. I am wondering if this camcorder will
cross to another brand and perhaps someone would have a service manual or tips.
This is the model that has the video head tucked around the corner from the
tape inside the hand grip.I noticed main board has alot of surface mount caps,
but none have any signs of leakage. The problem does look like a cap problem,
but would be so much easier to trouble shoot with the schematic.
Tom Berger
Tri-County TV
Robbinsville
North Carolina 28771