[TechAssist] Re: Scanners

  • From: Dennis Viereck <wa6ati@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 19:16:13 -0800

I finally purchased a HP 1220 Desk jet printer with 11X17 paper. This makes
these schematics easier to read and more complete as I do not have to place the
schematic over 2  8 1/2  X 11 pages.

Another cheap trick you can do is zoom in to what you want in the schematic
then hit the Print screen button on your keyboard. This action puts what you
see on your screen in your clipboard. Open a MS Word and "Paste"
the screen print picture into the document. Select the resolution and the page
format you need like portrait or landscape and print the document.

It will print the whole screen icons and all but what is important you will
have your schematic blown up so it can be read.

Currently what I use is Adobe Acrobat Distiller. When I go to print out any
schematic I select Adobe Acrobat Distiller in my printer selection. It will ask
you to provide a file name for the document and select your
desired resolution in the "printer properties". After that a pdf file is
created ready for E-mailing or size editing.  After it is in a PDF form you can
crop, expand, reduce, annotate, highlight ... etc.

Works beautifully

Dennis Viereck