[TechAssist] Re: Scanners

  • From: "OrpheusComputing.com Repair" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 11:35:04 -0600

I have never tried to scan or print a Force document, so with
in mind.....The type of scanner for this is not critical.
All would be capable producing your desired results.  The
weak end of this link in the printer, and as long as you have
a printer with those capabilities, you're ok.  You can get
scanners from 300dpi up to 4800dpi optical, and over
20,000dpi interpolated.  Just be sure and get one with a CCD
sensor and not CIS.  The CCD can scan 3D objects if the need
ever arises.  (They have a MUCH greater depth of field).
Just be sure to scan in color, even for a mono or b & w
documents.  This gives you better quality and detail for line
art, schematics, etc.  Then you decrease the color depth and
save in a size saving image format if you want to save the
scanned image.
-Clint

God Bless Us All &
Happy New Year
Clint Hamilton, Owner
http://OrpheusComputing.com
http://ComputerHardware-ConsumerElectronics.com
sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Fax: 209-882-9602
TechAssist Administration
http://tech-assist.org
techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
4orpheus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  (alternates)
orpheuscomputing@xxxxxxxxx
(PLEASE include our previous correspondence
if replying to this email!!)