[TechAssist] Re: Sansui (Orion) CDVD1900 19" TV/DVD dead,storm

  • From: "Teltek3" <teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 20:25:04 -0400

Phil...
Sorry to say...after lightning...they just may be history.
    As you know...after examining the PC board..if traces are burnt...tuner
is Gone...Power supply has numerous shorts...(diodes)..do yourself a
favor....put the Coffin lid back on and write it off.
At one time it was worth the investigation..now..with price of TV's...you
will either over-estimate..waste alot of time...(your time...and mostly
unrecoverable)....
    I don't expect any Technician can give an easy fix for lightning...This
is measured in "Joules" and my meter doesn't go to that range. I normally
try to get as much info from the customer as far as outage...etc. After
looking at the "traces" and checking the power supply...you can pretty well
tell if this will be Lost Item. More now than 10 years ago. You have been in
the game for a while...I'm sure I'm not telling you something you didn't
know.

-Ed-
Ed Gaidies
Tel-Tek Electronics