[TechAssist] Sony KV32XBR25 dead-mostly relay chatters momenarily and Degauss

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2003 22:02:16 +0000

Sony KV32XBR25
MFD 1992

            Unit is mostly Dead. At plug in there appears to be  degauss
activity and the relay Chatters mometariy. No discerable HV  though. Is
Inert after inital activity. Standby voltages to the main board  7V = 10V
17v=20V.  Soddered the 12 v regualtor mid chassis and inspected for bad
connections none with sucess. Have tried the G board in a KV27XBR35 and it
works (boards are essentaily the same except for degasuss plug), The G board
from the 27XBR35 will not start the 32xbr25  but both boards start the
27xbr35 (I have replaced a weak C662 on the G board).  On the 32XBR25 there
is no IR headphone module and No switchable 12V regulator.Also there I find
no trace of C665.   Testing for voltage at the collector of HOT shows only
the decay from the Intial turn on pulse.

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV

Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
http://sell.tech-assist.org