[TechAssist] Re: SONY TV - KV-36FV1 Bad Colors on pix tube.

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 10:30:32 -0400

Is this recommendation against degausing Sony tubes meant for all Sony
tubes, or just large ones, or just flat tubes, or what? I have been
degausing regular 20" and 27" and the odd 32" Sonys for years and
haven't had a problem. Maybe they are afraid that the tiny aperture
wires will bend out of position from the magnetic force?

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
Guelph Ontario Canada
Est. 1984