[TechAssist] Re: SONY TV - KV-36FV1 Bad Colors on pix tube.

  • From: "Bruce Tiedeman" <btied@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 15:40:31 -0400

Russ , I leave the set on. Put the Degaussing coil in front of the tube and
energize the coil . Move the coil in a circular motion in front and around
cabinet sides, bring the coil around front again moving it away from the
tube as you go. I then turn off the coil and abruptly turn the coil
perpendicular to the set .
That's it, works good unless set has been dropped. If the set has been
dropped or hit by lightning may take a lot more work. Repeat the procedure.
Some times the degaussing circuit malfunctions and you have to repair.
Bruce

.B&T Electronics
139 Margaret St
Sarnia Ontario