[TechAssist] Re: SONY TV - KV-36FV1 Bad Colors on pix tube.

  • From: Scott Beebe <Scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Gerald Gann <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 08:18:56 -0400

Thats the way I do it. If I'm worried about it messing up the sonys, I will put
it on the variac, and keep working it up until the problem goes away. But I do
find full strength seems to be okay. I think they are worried about turning it
on right in front of the TV.

 Thanx,

Scott Beebe
Ohm Electronics Inc.
609 W. Clinton St.
Ithaca NY 14850
Voice: (607) 273-8406
Fax: (607) 273-8743
WWW.OhmElectronicsInc.com
mailto:Scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Gerald> Me to. Thats the way I saw taught, before dirt was invented.
Gerald> Jerry

Gerald> Alpha 21 Electronics

Gerald> Granite City, IL 62040

Gerald>  Ph. 618-452-8620

Gerald> Fax 618-876-5157
Gerald> www.alpha21century@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Gerald> ElectronicRepairServices
Gerald> <ElectronicRepair@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Gerald> I called the costumer and asked him when and how did this happened and
he
Gerald> told me that it happened during a storm.
Gerald> Thank you, Mark
Gerald> Electronic Repair Services
Gerald> 48 W. James St.
Gerald> Lancaster, PA 17603
Gerald> ----- Original Message -----
Gerald> From: "Hoyt's TV"
Gerald> To:
Gerald> Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 7:26 PM
Gerald> Subject: [TechAssist] Re: SONY TV - KV-36FV1 Bad Colors on pix tube.

>> The way I learned to do it, back in the stone age, was to start 6 feet
Gerald> away
>> from the front with the coil perpendicular when you turn it on. Then turn
Gerald> it
>> sideways and with a circular motion bring it up to the tube, covering all
>> the tube then back off the same way and turn it perpendicular before
Gerald> turning
>> it off. Not necessary to do the sides and back unless you suspect some
Gerald> metal
>> there, got magnetized.
>>
>> Before the advent of automatic degaussing, we had to degauss every time we
>> moved a set because it was the movement through the earths magnetic field
>> that magnetized the shadow mask. That wasn't strong enough to have much
>> affect on the shields but telephone bells and vacuum cleaners would do a
Gerald> job
>> on them.
>>
>> Russ Hoyt
>> Hoyt's TV
>> Exeter, NH

Gerald> around
>> > cabinet sides, bring the coil around front again moving it away from the
>> > tube as you go. I then turn off the coil and abruptly turn the coil
>> > perpendicular to the set .
>> > That's it, works good unless set has been dropped. If the set has been
>> > dropped or hit by lightning may take a lot more work. Repeat the
>> procedure.
>> > Some times the degaussing circuit malfunctions and you have to repair.
>> > Bruce
>> >
>> > .B&T Electronics
>> > 139 Margaret St
>> > Sarnia Ontario