[TechAssist] Re: RCA TV 20GT145 CTC146

  • From: Daniel <danielstarca@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 20:33:17 -0800 (PST)

 Buck:
 If this chassis has a separate tuner assembly (large
metal encased module) the problem is almost certainly
bad/poor solder connections on the circuit board on
the inside of the tuner module especially where the
connections from the main TV chassis are.
 Remove the module from the chassis, pry apart the
metal shielding and resolder all suspect connections.
Daniel

--- "S. Pasher" <spasher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>     I have a 146 that is all snow. I believe that it
> is the tuner at fault
> and I have one on repair for it. Somewhere in the
> back of my mind I think
> that the was some else that also caused this. I can
> not find anything in my
> notes on this. Does anyone remember anything about
> this fault?
> All the voltages are on the tuner that's in there
> now.
>
> Buck Pasher
> Buck's TV
> Gander Newfoundland