[TechAssist] Re: RCA TV 20GT145 CTC146

  • From: "Webster TV" <webstertv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 17:03:18 -0600

Buck,

I had a CTC146 that had all snow on # 2 - #6, and worked intermittently on
#7 - #21, I took lid off of tuner and soldered some connections that were
touchy. This seemed to help, but soon same problem came back. I found a tip
in a RCA diagnostics manual about excess glue on L101, L102, and L103 in
tuner(parts side), I carefully removed the glue, by chipping it away on all
three coils, and this solved the problem. I can't remember if I had to
remove the tuner to do this or not? Be really careful doing this, so you
don't damage the coils.

                                        Dan Webster
                                        Webster's TV
                                        Shullsburg, Wi.