[TechAssist] Re: RCA TV 20GT145 CTC146

  • From: Larry Eastman <videotech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 16:13:33 -0500

Buck, probably not the tuner if you touched up the obvious joints inside
of it, I think what your remembering is
Q2300, the "IF Amp" ( location is at left rear of tuner) It was
notorious for "tuner like symptoms", usually
resoldering all 3 pins would correct the problem. Another problem was
pins 1 through 8 on  U2300, I used
to resolder them all because it wasn`t always pins 1-8,  The tuner
usually had bad solder at board coordinates
C7&8  or D7&8 don`t remember the correct letter but it was 7&8, hope
this helps, Larry E

Larry Eastman
American TV & Electronics
Crystal River, Fl. 34428