[TechAssist] Re: RCA PS52682, PTK171 Int Color

  • From: "LeRoy Westlund" <llw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 01:47:03 -0700

Peter,
When repairing the PTV169 chassis for a no color problem, we usually replace
the +13 volt standby rectifier CR4118, and the associated filter cap in the
same ckt. See if this set has a similar standby ckt. as the PTV169, and if
it does,....."Bingo",....that might just do the job ! ( Measure the +13 volt
souce, before, and after changing the diode to see if it increases the
reading ).

HTH,
LLW

LeRoy Westlund
Westlund TV & Electronics
97 North Main                                 "At least I'll go down
Centerfield, UT 84622-0087      swingin,......what a swingin
Ph./Fax  435-528-3822                          way to go."
mailto:LLW@xxxxxxxxxx