[TechAssist] RCA PS52682, PTK171 Int Color

  • From: "peter" <pe.kow@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 23:17:46 -0500

Hello All, Been having great fun with this bin. This set seemingly does not
like its owner much anymore as it doesn't want to show him a color picture
very often. We've had this bin into the shop a couple of times over the last
2 months. When in home unit has int color, in shop, has worked for days on
end. We've changed the chroma crystal, resoldered everywhere we could (
around IC, in IF circuit where the jumpers are and anywhere else that looked
the least bit suspicious ), have replaced chroma IC and are now waiting for
a eeprom (been suggested as a possible source of the problem ). Were called
again last week, Thurs., with complaint that set had no colour again. Picked
chassis up just before close today, set had some color ( very weak color
with customer control turned all the way up ) Does this sound like it may be
the eeprom? Any other suggestions ? TIA    Peter Kowalik
pe.kow@xxxxxxxxxxxx   Keith's Stereo  Burl. ON.