[TechAssist] Re: RCA P46921 PROJO, need to replace screen and "mirror" 1999 model.

  • From: peggs <peggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, TECH-ASSIST <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 08:37:51 -0800

I had this mess last year.
The 'Mirror' is probably NLA from RCA.
I had a local glass company installed an 'acrylic mirror' in the Old
mirror's frame.
It's basically a plexiglass mirror,but it didn't work to MY
satisfaction,but the
customer was OK with it(cause I fixed it for free............I tore it).
The reflection is not 'uniform'.
IOW,it gave a kind of Carnival type 'hall of mirrors' affect,just not
nearly as drastic.
Numerous Convergence adjustments had to be made.

If you were to install a glass mirror in the Old one's frame,Weight may be
an issue, as
the lighter OEM mirror mounts to that flimsy back.

Look hard for a good used OEM Mirror

Peggs