[TechAssist] Re: RCA Model# P52960(YX1), chassis# PTK195Y06B, intermittent horizontal pincushion (FIXED)

  • From: "Gemini Computer & TV" <geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 11:56:19 -0500

The problem turned out to be resistor R14808 is mounted in the air and was
slightly bent toward the heatsink of Q14802 just enough that it was
intermittently brushing against the heatsink and causing the problem. My
persistence finally paid off! Thanks for everyone's help.

Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
Master Technician License #9109
Service Manager
Gemini Computer, TV, & Security Alarms