[TechAssist] RCA Model# P52960(YX1), chassis# PTK195Y06B, intermittent horizontal pincushion

  • From: "Gemini Computer & TV" <geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Techassist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 08:22:16 -0500

Folks,

I currently have an RCA Model# P52960(YX1), chassis# PTK195Y06B, with very
intermittent horizontal pincushion. I have gone to the customer's home twice
and never saw the problem so I ended up bringing it in to the shop. It ran
around the clock for almost 24 hours before exhibiting this symptom. I have
resoldered a multitude of connections on various boards. The symptom does not
appear to be vibration or tapping sensitive as it is now displaying the
pincushion problem and I cannot get it to go back to normal (bear in mind I
have not turned the TV off, hoping to keep the symptom present in order to
troubleshoot. I am getting ready to leave for road calls so I have not yet
broken out a scope nor do I cuurently have the time to sit with it. Also
remember this chassis may be difficult to access locations on the board with it
fully assembled. I am almost afraid to turn it off for fear of the picture
returning to normal. I was hoping someone out there had already had this
problem so I welcome your input.

Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
Master Technician License #9109
Service Manager