[TechAssist] Re: RCA Model# P52960(YX1), chassis# PTK195Y06B, intermittent horizontal pincushion

  • From: "Mouton's Electronics" <moutons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 09:55:30 -0600

Hi Bob,

Check the collector of Q14802 for 14-17vdc, if missing while no pincusion
change: CR14403(227291) CR14800(243636) C14402 (239109) C14800(230982). Any
one of these can cause intermittant pincusion, on of the caps may even be
swollen. This circuit is much like the ctc169 pin damper circuit. I have
also found loose connections on these compontents when it is intermittant so
you will have to take it appart and look underneath. Most of the time it has
been a loose connection, tapping doesn't always show the problem due to the
riggidness of these components and some have glue on them.

Hope this helps

Jason Mouton
Mouton's Electronics
1116 Center St.