[TechAssist] RCA Model# D52W20Byx1 Chassis ITC222 two bars rolling from left to right

  • From: "Moutons Electronics L.L.C." <moutons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 14:56:00 -0500

Hello everyone, well this one is going to be a problem. This set has 2 white
bars along with other disturbances in the picture rolling from left to right.
It seems to be worse on the low band but is still there on all channels. Now
for the strange problem. The symptoms seem to radiate to all of the other tv's
in the shop. It only bothers the ones on cable tv if I have cable tv connected
to the D52W20. When there is nothing connected to the Rf input it only bothers
the ones on Ant., Cable is fine.
I already changed the main tuner and when that didn't fix it I swapped the SSB
board with another set. When the problem didn't travel with the board I figured
it has to be on the Defection/power board since I disconnected the convergence
power supple and the problem is still there.

I have scoped the secondary of the run supply and the deflection supply and see
nothing of importants, nothing more than a volt and a half and that was on the
200v supply and less than half vp-p on lesser supplies. The horizontal waveform
on the collector of the output looked good also.

I am stuck and hope someone else has come across this before.

Thanks

Jason
Moutons Electronics