[TechAssist] Re: RCA Model# D52W20Byx1 Chassis ITC222 two bars rolling from left to right

  • From: "Moutons Electronics L.L.C." <moutons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 17:19:22 -0500

The TV does it on both line AC and isolation and in either will only affect
the other tv's if a cable is connected to it.

I just got off the phone with Thomson Techline. They said they have heard of
that trouble before and usually was a ground problem, after I told him I
isolated it on the deflection/power board he quickly said he would give me a
authorization number to replace it. I was floored, the last time I tried to
get a modular replacement that was not warranty eligible it was like pulling
teeth and I had to call 4 or 5 time and order parts repeatedly.

He called the problem "FCC leakage", I know that the cable companies have to
constatly check there cable for signal leakage and stay under a FCC minimum,
maybe that was why he was quick to change the module since they don't want
to chance the FCC tracking down some roag signal back to there tv.
Especially since that happen last year, I am sure some of you on the list
remember the discussion about some 20" tv, I think, that was radiating a
strong signal which was picked up by the FCC. I believe after the
manufacturer found out about the problem they replaced the tv and took the
old one in for study.

Regardless my problem should be solved after I get the new module in.

Thanks

Jason
Moutons Electronics