[TechAssist] Re: RCA HDTV ATC321 Blue Screen with set off?? Normal???

  • From: "Greg Mitchell" <mitchelltv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 22:25:52 -0500

Perry,
Ed is sooooooo right. Customers expect to and are willing to pay for
technical services, including "their" education.
HD equipment is complicated, people require our services just to figure out
how to properly operate the stuff.
Clean the screen, blow the dust out of the vents if you have to, charge a
reasonable fee for Technical Evaluation, stay in business to work another
day.

P.S. Be sure to point out the reason for the cool-down mode. : Striking a
hot lamp can shorten it's life. Also note that customers should not plug
these units into the AC outlet on a cable box, since removing AC will not
let the fans run to complete cool-down.

I will now step down off my soapbox.
Take care
Greg