[TechAssist] Re: RCA CTC187CL horz freq shift causing shutdown

  • From: "Jerry" <geiting@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 18:07:43 -0400

Peter,
    I believe your referring to the horizontal free run frequency.  If it is
set to low, the set will shutdown.  Replacing the eeprom will correct this,
but of course, you will have to realign everything.  Reinitializing the
eeprom with chipper check will NOT correct this.  But it is possible to
start the set by parelling a 2000pf or so cap with the large cap off the
HOT.  Sorry, I'm at home, and don't remember the symbol #.  Also, if this
set has pin correction (small pc board attached to the HOT heatsink), you
have to be careful about the size of the cap used, so as not to imbalance it
too much.  Then you can start the set, access the service menu and adjust
the first parameter to at least 10.  If you need more info, I can look this
up for you monday.

Jerry Eiting  geiting@xxxxxxxxxx
Christians Electronic Service
Piqua, Ohio