[TechAssist] Re: RCA CTC187CL horz freq shift causing shutdown

  • From: MDileo0000@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 18:26:39 EDT

Something that has worked for me many times:
Remove signal from antenna jack. If the set stays on, access the sevice menu
while running in the snow. The information settings will be scrambled due to
no signal, so count up to the h.freq adjustment slot and adjust blind.

Dominic DiLeo
Atlantic TV
Freeport, Maine
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

In a message dated 8/23/03 5:45:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>  RCA CTC187CL
>  in 31"
>
>                     Sorry for the obscure post, but rembered this one just
>  after I left the shop this afternoon. It appears that the horizontal
>  frequency is shifted causing possibly excessive high voltage and
>  shutdown---- this is a qualitative assesment by ear, also the screen is
>  keeping a pretty good charge that is slow to bleed off. Is there a way to
>  shift the frequency so that the set will turn on without replacing or
>  initializing the eeprom?. Set will stay on with the horizontal yoke plug
>  pulled Tuner has been repaired and horz drive connections reworked too.
>

>  Peter Oliver
>  Tucson Radio TV

Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
http://sell.tech-assist.org